When it comes to designing a business website, it is normal to be all lost I mean you know your business not technology right? But this must not keep you from having a professional corporate website that reflects your business. You’re trying to accomplish a goal with your website be it sales or brand awareness, don’t let product knowledge come in between. Read this handy guide to know how exactly your corporate website should look.
1. First thing first, let’s get the basics out of the way. Conventional Items:
- Having a navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Having a logo at the top left or centre of the page.
- A clickable logo to bring the visitors back to the homepage.
- Having links change colours/appearance when you hover/click on them.
2. Consistency: Your website’s colour scheme, design and font should be consistent with your offline marketing and branding efforts. Your visitors must be able to quickly recognise your brand.
3. Information: Ensuring your website is the definitive source of company’s information. Communicate the company’s story, its strategy, its operations and services it offers. Ensure timely release of information about your products, financial data and industry updates.
4. Investor relations: Have an investor page on your website where you publish latest updates about your business to update investors with product information, financial data and industry updates. Be sure to include the date of such information to help investors make informed decisions.
5. About Us: Have a clear about us section on your website where you include a company profile summarising the company’s activities and performance in the industry. Walk through your brand’s journey from inception till today. You can also list major milestones your company has achieved along the way.
6. Financial Data: You must provide a comprehensive financial information on your website for investors and press. Provide key financial highlights and summaries including KPI such as Profit, Market Share and Credit Ratings. Ensure all information is easy to understand.
7. Technologies: Have relevant videos on your website about your products and services showcasing them in a beautiful way. You can also include videos of AGM meeting and Director/Chairperson. Contact forms/Blog to enable interaction. Have relevant social media links on your website to enable visitors to share your blog posts.Build a mobile-friendly version of your website. Highlight social media channels of your company.
8. Careers: Have a careers page on your website. This enables prospective employees to find about job openings in your company. They can know more about the work profile and upload resumes directly through your website.
9. Press Release: Having a separate page for the media is a good idea if you have good relations with the media. Have media kits, press release kits of your company hosted there. You must have all the company information including graphics, audio and text on this page. A separate e-mail just to handle media queries is a good practice.
10. CSR/Events: Lastly, you want to boast about the corporate events your company conducts for its employees. Having information related to the past events and upcoming events complete with calendar schedule (to book, if applicable), videos and photos of such events is a great way to promote your company. You must also showcase the CSR initiatives of your company on your website. Having a CSR page allows you to market as a community-driven company which believes in social upliftment and development. It’s also good for investors, public and the government alike.